In November, we held an orientation to prepare our students who are going overseas in January. We had such a blast being cultural, quirky and really honest about life overseas. We put them through real cultural experiences and challenged them to work through issues they encountered.
This weekend was such a learning experience for all of us and thanks to our student workers, who we love, the whole event was wonderful. I'm so glad God allows me to work with such awesome and unique people. Katie, Tara & Seth are a VITAL part of everything we do, here on Campus and I just adore them.
Some of the participants would say this was a weekend of me, forcing them to eat and do things they didn't want to do. I however, would say, this was a weekend for them to see what it's like to eat weird things that taste gross to you but oh so normal to many many people.
I believe the looks on their faces really paint the picture for you.
Pressing on, for the good of their team.
More weird food.
In addition to eating internationally and learning basic S.A. info we also taught them methods they can use overseas to share TRUTH with others. We sang songs, shared stories from a very special book and also told one another our own stories of who we are and why.
Here they are "being all cultural," sitting on the floor and only using their right hand.
1 comment:
So what did you make them eat? I'm curious. :)
Post a Comment